At Just Us! we follow the Seven Co-op Principles:
- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Member Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training and Information
- Cooperation among cooperatives
- Concern for the Community
As a worker co-op, our view is that capital is subservient to labour and not the other way around. Many workers at Just Us! own shares in the business and participate in shaping their work community directly. As a result, our business incorporates the interests and concerns within our own community and promotes increased workplace democracy in our world.
It is our own co-op commitment to return a portion of our financial surplus to our non-member workers, our worker-members, and our producer-partners.